with Alexander Massey
– Songwriter & Teacher of Songwriting
– Writer on Songwriting, Voice, Communication & Learning
– Singing Teacher
– Professional Singer
Do you want to:
- improve as a lyricist?
- improve as a composer / creator of music?
- write songs professionally and make money from them?
- have an experienced eye and ear giving you feedback on your music, lyrics and songs you are writing?
- know more about where songs come from, overcome writer’s block, and develop successful working methods as a songwriter?
- learn one-to-one, or in a group (including the Oxford Songwriters Meetup)?
Offering songwriting lessons to:
- music writers and composers
- songwriters (words and music)
- singer-songwriters (whatever your instrument)
- amateurs and professionals
- music students
Explore the free resources on this website:
- The Songwriting Pentagon – a brief overview of the main elements of songwriting
- The Oxford Songwriting Syllabus – a more detailed look at the skills and knowledge that are involved in becoming a great songwriter
- Articles on my Songwriting Blog
- Reading List – useful books on songwriting, including links to many of the notes I have made on them
- Songwriting Links to other online resources
The contact page is here, but before you get in touch … It’s probably a good idea to read about what I offer, and look at some of the free resources to get a feel for whether you think I’m the right teacher for you. If are thinking about songwriting coaching, and broadly fit the criteria for students, then please get in touch through the contact page.